India Britain by Rinkoo Barpaga
Rinkoo Barpaga Made in India Tour pack print version
Tour Flyer 2019 download: Rinkoo_Barpaga_Flyer_STUN
Rinkoo Barpaga is a new and emerging theatre maker. He is profoundly Deaf and uses BSL.
He is based in the West Midlands and is supported by The Birmingham REP’s Foundry, and DYCP Arts Council England.
Video of Performance Made in
India Britain Link:
Transcript of script rinkoo.docx
About Made in
Performance in BSL with Voiceover
Director Daniel Bailey
Script Mentor Andrew Muir
Producer Deaf Explorer
Since leaving home in Birmingham, Rinkoo Barpaga has moved around England a lot, determined to find somewhere to settle. Along the way, he has encountered both racism and discrimination, and as a result he has been constantly asking himself the question, “where do I belong?” A British born, Rinkoo discovered at the age of three that not only was he required to tick the box, ‘ethnic minority,’ but also the box, ‘Deaf.’
“Rinkoo is one of the most exciting new talents out there, with an original ‘voice’.” – The Limping Chicken
“Rinkoo Barpaga is a born comedian and an engaging and daring performer.” – American Comedy Institute
The performance was enjoyed by young Deaf diverse audiences in Birmingham.
- “Love how you add humour into sad story”
- “Rinkoo told his story with an engaging mix of humour, characterisation and first-person narrative. Really Effective, Really Enjoyable.”
- “It is visual – flowed from one story to the next. You had a theme running through that linked your experiences”
- “Can relate to childhood experience regarding deaf in mainstream school”
- “Like the representation of deaf different background experience in Uk”
- “Like the movement with body language and facial expression”
Credit: Graeme Braidwood